The Virtual Hospital of the Future: an arena for virtual collaboration and training
Several projects related to this topic are available:
- Ultrasound-Guided Neuro-Surgery Simulator (example can be seen here)
- VirSam: Cross-disciplinary (e.g. medical and nurse students) Virtual Collaboration
- “Four Campuses One Reality” (infrastructure of VR labs across the campuses of Gløshaugen, Dragvoll, Øya, Gjøvik and Ålesund)
Some key points related to the projects:
- Virtual and Mixed Reality
- Oculus Rift & Touch, HTC Vive, HoloLens etc. (+ low cost VR, mobile and desktop/laptop)
- Unity (Unreal, WebVR etc.)
- Create realistic virtual environments, equipment and avatars as well as useful patient cases consisting of multiple scenes involving several “players” (i.e. role playing involving patients, relatives, doctors, nurses etc.)
- Collaboration / Multi player.
- Integration of real patient data in a virtual environment.
- AI Patient (i.e. an intelligent / autonomous patient)
- Medical-technical equipment training using virtual models
The projects consist of:
- Studying state-of-the-art solutions within the field
- Development of prototype software
- Testing and validation.
Contact the project provider for more details about the project. The focus of the project will be defined together with the student. It's also possible to work in groups of two.