There are really a lot of things that I am interested in regarding
computers, programming and technology. I have always enjoyed
playing around with electronic equipment with buttons, display
and sound. Since I was 10 years old, I have been programming
different types computer with different programming languages.
Programming languages I have used are: Assembly, Basic,
Turbo Pascal, AMOS, C, C++, Visual Basic, Java, SmallTalk, Perl, Prolog,
XPCE (object-oriented extension of prolog to program GUI), AREXX,
Rebol, HTML, and some other scripting languages and PLS languages.
Recently, I have been programming quite a lot Perl and some Java.
Her is a list of things that I have been working with and that I am
- Configuration Management (CM) - I worked for two years with
CM-system to improve cooperative support between people. I also had to
do learn how to use an object-oriented database.
- Re-engineering of legacy systems - For one year I worked for
a ESPRIT project called Renaissance and got insight information
about how to move/change legacy systems to meet new requirements. In
this project we looked at migration of data, what process to follow,
middleware, wrapping of applications, web-interfaces etc.
- Software Process Modelling - Since 1997 I have been working
with software process modelling. This includes how to model software
processes, how to handle changing processes, how to handle dynamic
processes, how to support cooperative processes etc. I have worked on
the EPOS prototype and have also developed two other workflow/process
systems in addition.
- Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) - I have always been interested
in making and configuration nice GUIs.
- Computer graphics and multimedia - Although I have some background
in programming computer graphics and multimedia programming, I have most
experience in using tools for producing computer graphics and multimedia.
Tools I have been using are: paint/picture tools (Deluxe Paint V, Photoshop,
Paint shop, Image Editor, Photogenics, etc), ray-tracing tools (Imagine,
Real 3D, Alladin 4D), multimedia software (Scala, Powerpoint, AMOS...), music
software (Bars and Pipes Pro, Octamed, Cakewalk etc).
- Web-applications - My main interest here are HTML, CGI-programming
using Perl and Java-applets, Java servlets.
- Distributed Object technology - CORBA (maybe DCOM), JavaSpaces.
- Agent technology - Mobile agents (Aglets, MASIF), Jumping Beans
- Database technology - Distributed databases and object-oriented
- Mobile devices - Integration of mobile devices like PDA, Mobile Phondes,
Portable PC's etc...
Last modified: Mon Mar 01 11:43:48 W. Europe Standard Time 2004