A Process-Centered Software Engineering Environment
Software Process Modeling and systems for Software Process Management
(PM) have recently drawn increased attention within the Software
EPOS (Expert System for Program and ("og") System Development)
is a SEE (Software Engineering Environment) with emphasis on Process
Modelling, Software Configuration Management and support to
cooperative work. The rationale of our scientific initiative is
the improvement of software quality by better process support for
(software) production processes.
At the end of the page you can find the text of the
ISPW-6 example. The picture represents ispw6 modelled
according to the EPOS paradigm (you can get the whole picture in
PostScript format by clicking on it).
- In the first part of the document you will find
the list of the members
of the EPOS group, a profile of the areas of research covered
by EPOS and its objectives.
- A list of papers
covering all the aspects of the EPOS protype
is available in the
- The third part
you a general view of the whole system.
- Forms for
sending bug-reports, error-reports, change requests or creation
Areas of research
- Process acquisition and improvement by general
- Project and organisational aspects of software processes.
- Process formalisation and enactment, meta-processes: EPOS-PM.
- Support for cooperative work trough EPOSDB.
- Versioned and object-oriented software engineering database: EPOSDB.
- Tool support and validation of the above.
- Establishing a local software (engineering) laboratory, and
promote the above topics in the IDT curriculum.
- User Facilities for Software Configuration Management
- Flexible Support for Software Process Modelling
- Schema versioning in object-oriented databases
- Transaction Modelling
- Cooperating transactions and versioning
- Process Modelling Assistant
- Process acquisition and improvement by high level modelling
(Sindre). Investigation of suitable modelling languages and
method support for process improvement.
- Project and organisational aspects of software processes
(Sindre, Conradi). This deals with how software organisations
work, i.e., organisation theory and how this can be integrated
in a comprehensive modelling paradigm.
- Process formalisation and enactment, meta-processes:
EPOS-PM (Conradi). This will be based on the SPELL
object-oriented, concurrent and reflective PML, technically
being an extension of PROLOG and interfacing the below EPOSDB.
- Support for cooperative work through EPOSDB (Conradi).
Defining theories, methods and tools for modelling cooperative
transactions, allowing domain-dependent information to guide
the underlying database mechanisms.
- Versioned and object-oriented software engineering
database (Conradi). Exploring technologies to better
structure the version space, and connect the change-oriented
versioning (CoV) of EPOSDB to the above transaction and process
The tool platform is the EPOS prototype, a highly flexible and
instrumentable process modeller and engine on top of a
versioned engineering database.
Here is the EPOS solution to the ISPW-6 example. Click
here to get the ISPW6
Click on the picture to get the complete design of the EPOS enactable
ISPW-6 process .
For every problem concerning the EPOS Home Page, please contact: