WelcomeMy name is Massimiliano Ruocco. I am a Ph.D student at the Department of Computer and Information Science at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) under the supervision of the Associate Professor Heri Ramampiaro.
I have obtained my Master of Science (MSc) in Computer Science at University of Verona. My degree thesis was developed in the Technologies of Vision Research Unit Team (TEV) at FBK - Fondazione Bruno Kessler research center in Trento under the supervision of the senior researcher Dr. Roberto Brunelli (Tev - FBK) and Associate Professor Andrea Fusiello (University of Verona).
ResearchMy research is focused on Social Media retrieval, Web Mining, and Information Retrieval. Therefore i am interested in the application of Data Mining Technique and Statistical Machine Learning on that field.
I am involved in the CAIM project
(Context-Aware Image Retrieval and Management). The CAIM project will
focus on research and the development of tools for context-aware image
management, where image description, query formulation, retrieval from
heterogeneous distributed environments, and ranking are designed for
using context information. Important application domains are those
requiring image capture and multimodal retrieval in mobile environments.
on designing scientific posters
ranking of world universities
The Webometrics ranking has a larger coverage than other similar rankings (see table below). The ranking is not only focused on research results but also in other indicators which may reflect better the global quality of the scholar and research institutions worldwide.
Overall ranking in Computer Science by: author, publication, conference, journal, and organization.
Science Conference Rating
List of top conferences in Computer Science.
- Conference and Event collectors:
- ACM Conference
- IEEE Events & Conference
- Image world: imageworld is used to announce worldwide events and academic vacancies within the field of Computer Vision, Image Analysis, and Medical Image Analysis.
Computer Vision Calls and Conferences
Links from the Technologies of Vision Group at FBK of Trento.
List of upcoming Multimedia Conferences from Multimedia Information Processing Group of Eurecom.
I am teaching assistant for the following courses:
- Event-Related Image Retrieval: Exploring Geographical and Temporal Distribution of User Tags - Ruocco M., Ramampiaro H. - Springer International Journal of Multimedia Information Retrieval (IJMIR), Accepted for publication 2013.
- Exploring Temporal Proximity and Spatial Distribution of Terms in Web-based Search of Event-Related Images - Ruocco M., Ramampiaro H. - Proceedings of the 24th ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media (Hypertext 2013). ACM Press., Paris, France, May 1-3, 2013.
- Heterogeneous Tag-Point Patterns for Ranking and Extracting Hot-Spot Related Tags - Ruocco M., Ramampiaro H. - LSBN'12, Proceedings of the 4th ACM SIGPATIAL International Workshop on Location-Based Social Networks, LSBN'12, Redondo Beach, US, November 6, 2012.
- A Scalable Algorithm for Extraction and Clustering of Event-Related Pictures - Ruocco M., Ramampiaro H. - Springer Multimedia Tools and Applications (MTAP) Journal, Accepted for publication 2012.
- Context-Aware Image Semantic Extraction in the Social Web - Ruocco M. - WWW '12 Proceedings of the 21st international conference companion on World wide web, Lyon, France, April 16-20, 2012.
- NTNU @ MediaEval2011: Social Event Detection Task (SED) -
Ruocco M., Ramampiaro H. -
Working Notes Proceedings of the MediaEval 2011 Workshop, Pisa, Italy, September 1-2, 2011.
- Event Clusters Detection on Flickr Images using a Suffix-Tree Structure - Ruocco M, Ramampiaro H - ISM2010 Proceeding of the IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia, Taichung, Taiwan 2010 [Slides]|[Pdf]
- Detecting Focus of Attention
- Brunelli R, Albertini A, Andreatta C, Chippendale P, Ruocco M, Stock O, Tobia F,
Zancanaro M. In 'PEACH - Intelligent Interfaces for Museum Visits', pp.
Springer, 2007, ISBN: 978-3-540-68754-2
- Multicamera Head-Tracking - Massimiliano Ruocco, Master of Science Degree Thesis, 2005